• Searching for role models to inspire your child?
• Finding it hard to think of career choices for young people in your care?
• Looking for inspiring stories to help motivate our youth?
• Struggling to help your child decide which career to follow?
Everyday Heroes: Learning from the Careers of Successful Black Professionals is an inspiring collection of easy-to-read interviews with people from our communities who have achieved success in their own areas of activity and who inspire us to do better.
The stories of these sixteen achievers will provide education, offer inspiration and promote aspiration for young readers everywhere.
• What does it take to be a successful architect, lawyer, actuary, composer or inventor?
• What was the best advice ever given to one of the UK’s leading black medical consultants?
• How do you know where your skills lie and which career to choose?
Everyday Heroes showcases role models who offer invaluable learning, not only about what it takes to succeed in their chosen careers, but also about their own journey, their influences, and the life lessons they have learned along the way.
Careers Projects and Exercises
Everyday Heroes comes complete with projects and exercises to help young people think about their own career aspirations and to explore their own skills and aptitudes.
• What should I be planning for my future career?
• How do I know what I am good at?
• What should I do now?
Everyday Heroes is an invaluable tool for schools, parents, youth groups and anyone involved in the career development of young people from ethnic minorities.